WIJAYA MUTIARA QUALITY STANDARDS FOR SAFE OPERATION
A set checklist will be used to ensure below standard are adhered to:-
CARGO HANDLINGS AND EQUIPMENT
The loading cranes of the vessel shall have valid test certificates issued by the appropriate classification society or appropriate national authority.
All lashing equipment shall be in good condition and according to the standard accepted by the lashing surveyor.
Spare lifting and lashing equipment shall be available on each vessel and the working site to replace worn or damaged items.
PERSONAL SAFETY EQUIPMENT
- Steel toe-capped safety shoes\boots
- Suitable safety helmets
- Eye glasses
All shore side personnel shall be trainer according to the requirements of Kuantan Port Authorities. Additional training will be provided on site where appropriate.
SAFETY AND QUALITY REPORTING & AUDITS
Items covered by list shall include but not be limited to:-
- Personal safety equipment worn and in good condition
- Personal tools present and in working order
- Superficial health and condition of workers (Drug and Alcohol Abuse)
- Adequate lighting if appropriate.
- Dunnage \ Fastenings ready to be loaded
- Adequate lighting if appropriate.
- Communication equipment working
- Condition of slings and lifting equipment
- Security of shackles and patent fastening in use
- Approval from vessel deck officer on duty to continue loading as intended
- Tally clerk\time keeper in place and prepared
- Customs officer present if required
- Load plan present and understood by all parties
- Any additional hazards identified and appropriate direction given
HEALTH, SAFETY AND ENVIROMENT
Health, safety and the environment are given the very highest priority
WIJAYA MUTIARA SDN BHD statement of practice
We will conduct our activities in such away to take foremost account of the health and of s safety of employees, contractors and other persons and to give proper regard to the protection of the environment.
- WIJAYA MUTIARA intends to prevent all injuries
- WIJAYA MUTIARA takes measures to maintain good health
- WIJAYA MUTIARA minimizes its impact on the environment
No operation will be allowed to start until WIJAYA MUTIARA is satisfied that all HSE issues have been resolved according WIJAYA MUTIARA standard and procedures.
- WIJAYA MUTIARA management is fully committed to this policy and considers the HSE aspects equal importance to other business objectives.
- Health, safety and environment aspects are an integral part of the total job and are line responsibilities.
- We will develop the required skills and establish safe working practices by means of effective training, creating interest and enthusiasm in safety.
- The health of all involved in or affected by the subject of the continuous care. Preventive measures will be maximized. Medical care including evacuation will be organized.
- The best practicable means will be applied to preserve air, water, soil, and plant and animal life from adverse effects of our operations.
- WIJAYA MUTIARA will use best Endeavour to ensure behalf apply all working on our behalf apply health, safety and environment standards fully compatible with our own.
- WIJAYA MUTIARA will pay due regard to the environment by acting to preserve air, water and animal and plant life from adverse effects of our activities, and to minimize any nuisance which may arise from such operations, in accordance with WIJAYA
- MUTIARA policy statement.
- WIJAYA MUTIARA shall adhere to existing national statutory regulations concerning environmental damage resulting from the performance of the work.
- WIJAYA MUTIARA shall ensure that contractor’s any sub-contractor’s personnel are briefed and understand WIJAYA MUTIARA policy on environment protection and will act accordingly.
- WIJAYA MUTIARA shall remove or adequately dispose of all non-degradable rubbish from the area which has been used by WIJAYA MUTIARA during the work.
- Proper planning will be carried out before any operations to ensure the highest standard environmental protection
- WIJAYA MUTIARA will responsible for the ensuring the environmentally acceptable disposal of waste in accordance with local and international requirements.
Protective Personal Equipment
Safety helmets, safety footwear, safety glasses, clothing and gloves will be required to be worn by the following categories of employees: All staff working within or in the vicinity of lifting/handling equipment and where materials are being loaded/unloaded .Protective equipment shall be worn whilst welding as dictated by good and safe operation practice.
Eye protection gear is required,
– when chipping, cutting, grinding, breaking or spraying,
– when handling chemicals (including battery acid)
Hearing protection is required when noise levels in a work area exceed 85dB.
Safety footwear shall be used on work sites.
Safety Equipment and Fire Protection
Tools and Equipment
WIJAYA MUTIARA shall ensure that personnel adequately will guard all plant and equipment maintained is in operable condition and that uses of the plant, tools and equipment are trained experienced and where necessary, licensed and certified.
WIJAYA MUTIARA shall ensure that personnel adequately will guard all rotating parts or moving of all tools and equipment to prevent accidental contact. Every power-driven machine should be provided with adequate means, immediately accessible and readily identified to the operator, of stopping it quickly, and preventing it being started again. In the case of hand-held power tools, this shall be automatic or “dead-man-switch” type.